Sunday, December 19th at 5pm PT / 8pm ET
This party will be hosted in our custom Topia virtual world, with lots of festive activities and surprises. This party is for all patients, family members and friends of the Foundation.
Come in your most festive apparel with your favourite holiday beverage!
Instructions for how to join the party
On Dec 19th, click here to start the party:
What you’ll need:
- A computer or a tablet – You’ll need a Windows or Mac desktop or laptop computer equipped with a camera, or a Android Tablet or Ipad.
- For the best experience on Android tablets please use “desktop mode” in Chrome.
- A supported web browser – Topia works best on Google Chrome, Edge, and Brave on desktop and laptop computers. For best results we recommend using one of these three browsers.
- Headphones/ear buds – There is ambient sound in Topia which is personal to you. Headphones ensure a great experience. Without headphones, higher volume can result in feedback for other guests or mixed sounds which isn’t fun for anyone.
How to join:
- On December 19 at 5pm PT | 8pm ET, click on this link to join: https://topia.io/save-your-skin-foundation. Don’t bother trying to go on beforehand as it will not be available.
- When you first go in, you will be asked to choose a display name.
- Your browser will ask for permission to use your camera and audio. If you have Zoom/Teams/Skype open you won’t be able to do this, so please make sure they’re closed first.
What to do once you’re in:
- You can move around the space using either mouse clicks or your arrow cursor buttons.
- You hear and see people better the closer you are to their little “Topi,” or person.
- If you walk away from people you hear and see them less. People “fade out” as they get farther away.
- As you explore, notice when your cursor turns into a pointer. This indicates that the object your mouse is on has a function. Click to interact with the object.