What is virtual care?
Virtual Care allows you to connect to a healthcare provider other than by in office appointment such as video or phone. You can use your smartphone or log onto your computer from the comfort of your home or office. Virtual Care services are covered under most provincial health plans (excluding dental).
Summary of booklet
These resources are meant solely as a starter guide. Modify and customize to your needs.
1. Before your appointment
- Book Your Appointment
- Prepare for Your Appointment
2. At the time of your appointment
- Check-in online or answer phone call
- Connect with a Doctor and Managing your Virtual Care appointment
- Take notes from the appointment
- Determine if follow-up appointment is needed
3. After your appointment
- Review and follow-up
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Making awareness and education available is crucial. Since 2006, the Foundation has worked to raise awareness of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers focusing on education, prevention and the need for improved patient care.