- This event has passed.
Webinar: Haudenosaunee Foods as Medicine: Ogwayadadohgehsdoh
October 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Date: October 4, 2022
Time: 12:00PM ET | 9:00AM PT
REGISTER HERE: BIT.LY/PRE-SUMMIT2022
Moderator: Sharon Clarke
Speaker: Deyowidron’t Morrow, Haudenosaunee Registered Dietitian
This foundational webinar presented by Deyowidron’t Morrow, Haudenosaunee Registered Dietitian, will discuss the definition of food sovereignty and contextualize the Haudenosaunee worldview of food and food systems. She will share research on:
- First Nations and urban Aboriginal food insecurity,
- Traditional vs store-bought foods,
- Traditional food safety/contamination and community water safety/contamination,
- Traditional foods’ nutritional value and benefits,
- Health status and health literacy, and
- Barriers to traditional foods.
She will discuss how Aboriginal communities possess unique strengths related to harvesting, sharing and consumption of traditional foods plus community-based, cultural reclamation initiatives, and explore opportunities for education and community mobilization.