As we eagerly approach the month of September, our excitement grows as we prepare to shine a spotlight on the amazing accomplishments of our community.
The momentum leading up to our highly anticipated 5th annual Move for Melanoma fundraiser has been nothing short of inspiring. This event is not only a testament to our collective dedication to those touched by melanoma, non-melanoma, skin cancers & ocular/uveal melanoma but also a powerful reminder of the impact we can achieve together. Mark your calendars for the dates of September 22-24, 2023, as we unite once again for this remarkable cause.
The team at Save Your Skin Foundation would like to thank the 21 participants who have registered, as well as the 11 teams that have already joined the Move for Melanoma. Your involvement has catapulted us beyond expectations, propelling us to reach 25% of our fundraising goal.
Our journey is far from over! With each step we take and each contribution made, we inch closer to our ultimate objective. The funds raised through Move for Melanoma have consistently offered invaluable support to those affected by melanoma, non-melanoma, skin cancers & ocular/uveal melanoma.
With only 23 days to go before Move for Melanoma, it’s the perfect time to do another round of requests for donations. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you:
- Post on social media frequently. People rarely donate the first time they are asked. By posting frequently, you’ll remind people who might have forgotten, and get better results.
- Send personal emails. Most people, when asked directly, will be happy to make a donation to a cause important to a friend or family member.
- Tell your story. This cause is important to you for a reason. People who are touched by your story will be more likely to give.
- Use an image. We all know the power images have. Consider including a photo of yourself or your family in your posts or emails.
And don’t forget to always include the URL to your fundraising page so that donations made as a result of your posts will be correctly assigned to your team.
For more on how to fundraise, including sample posts you can use, click here.
We’ve created some resources to help you get ready for Move for Melanoma. The resources include:
- A Participant Timeline – that offers tips and tricks for getting ready for the event
- A Donation Form – which you can print out and use to keep track of donations made to you with cash, cheque or credit card
- A Scavenger Hunt Printout – Print this out to lead your kids through a fun scavenger hunt.
- A Scavenger Hunt Instructions document – To help you prepare for the hunt.
- Three Posters – Which you can print and post around town to help promote the event and get people to join your team
Social Media Posts & Copy
Save and share these posts on your social media accounts to encourage your network to donate to your team! Click on the images to download.
“On September 23-24th, I’ll be challenging myself to (insert activity) to raise funds for melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancer and ocular melanoma patients during #Move4Melanoma. As you may know, I was (or my mother/husband/sister/father/brother etc.) diagnosed with (insert type of cancer) in (insert year). What you may not know is that melanoma and other types of skin cancer are being diagnosed at an alarming rate, and that cancer patients need our help.
I ask that you please consider supporting me in fundraising for patients in need, so that everyone diagnosed with (insert disease) may have the same chances of survival. Every dollar donated will go directly to a patient in need in the form of treatment costs, flights, accommodation and other necessary but costly expenses incurred while receiving treatment. Thanks in advance for your generosity. Donate here.”