23 Dec A Holiday Thank You from Kathy Barnard
At this time of year, I like to personally thank all of our generous donors for their support. Nothing quite describes the feeling I get when we receive a donation that allows us to say “Yes” to one more patient who needs Save Your Skin Foundation. Have no doubt you are definitely on Santa’s ‘nice’ list this year.
I would also like to thank all of our patients, caregivers, family and friends for their ongoing participation in our community. We’ve made great progress this year in improving psycho-social care and treatment options for melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer patients. We could not have done this without the help and support of our amazing network of patients.
Here are some Save Your Skin Foundation 2019 highlights:
- Giving monetary assistance to cancer patients travelling to receive treatment for transportation, accommodation, childcare and food costs
- Leading awareness initiatives and programs to support emotional and mental wellness
- Helping melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer warriors to share their stories and connect with others
- Bringing awareness and support to Canadians touched by ocular or uveal melanoma
- Providing knowledge of the skin cancer treatment landscape and connections with Oncologists, Dermatologists, and other medical professionals
- Meeting with government stakeholders, pharmaceutical companies, and medical professionals to bridge the gap between these groups and the melanoma/non-melanoma skin cancer patient
More people than ever need the emotional and financial support the Save Your Skin Foundation programs provide. Because of you, the Foundation continues to help patients across Canada to gain equal, timely access to new medications and to get the caring support they need.
One of the last items on our to-do list for the year was to write a letter to Santa to let him know what we would like for Christmas. Click here to read our letter.
Wishing you and your family a holiday season that is merry and bright.
From Kathy Barnard and the Save Your Skin Foundation team.